- Choose a shirt that will bring attention to the
shoulders. Wide necklines (like boat neck or scoop
neck style) can give the appearance of wider
shoulders and will balance your lower half. Plus
size women should avoid baggy shirts. Hiding your
shape with loose tees will just make you look bigger
- Top off your shirt with a blazer. Look for one
with puffed sleeves to help balance out your
shoulders in proportion for your hips. Do not,
however, use blazers that hit the widest point of
your hips. Look for one that is just at or a little
above waist level.
- Find the skirt or pants that are just right for
you. Avoid tight skirts and trousers. This will
bring attention to the fact that you have large hips
and thighs. Try to find skirts and pants that hit
just below the natural waist line. You can make your
waist look smaller and your torso look longer by not
having extra layers close to the smallest part of
- Get the perfect shoe. You can lengthen and slim
your legs with a pair of heeled shoes. Look for
heavier style shoes that are not stilettos to
balance out your calves. Avoid shoes with ankle or
t-straps. These can make your legs look larger and
- Definitely try pin-striped pants. This will help
to make your legs look longer and slimmer and will
take the focus away from your hips and thighs.
- Wear A-line skirts. These work wonders at hiding
your hips and thighs not to mention the fact that
you will look better proportioned.
- Wear darker colored bottoms and lighter colored
tops. This will give your body more balance.
- Avoid plaid and large patterns in your skirts
and pants. These will make you look larger than you
really are to begin with.
- Last, but definitely not least, choose
undergarments that give you the slimming effect. Bra
straps that are too tight will cause bulges or
rolls. So will panties that bind and don’t move with
you. Hosiery can also help to slim your body
appearance. Foundation garments (or body slimmer
undergarments) will make a great difference in how
you actually look once you are wearing your clothes.
Read more size clothing information on
Clothing Styles For
Women with Larger Chests